Hope College's Francesca Buchanan and Trine University's Brandi Dawson will take to the court one final time as collegiate student-athletes, as the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association standouts will participate in the inaugural Beyond Sports Women's Collegiate All-Star Game presented by the WBCA.
The organizations announced Wednesday (March 6) 18 of the 20 NCAA Division III senior women's basketball players selected to the first-ever event.
The 18 all-stars were chosen by a committee of head women’s basketball coaches of NCAA Division III programs, who are also members of the WBCA. All players were nominated by WBCA member coaches. The final two participants will be selected by fans from a list of eight nominees.
The inaugural Beyond Sports Women’s Collegiate All-Star Game will be played at the Cregger Center on the campus of Roanoke College in Salem, Virginia, on March 16 immediately preceding the NCAA Division III women’s basketball national championship game. Tipoff is set for 5 p.m. ET.
Here are the 2019 All-Stars:
- Kendahl Adams, Westminster College
- Jade Aponte, Hunter College
- Lindsay Bettke, SUNY New Paltz
- Taylor Blevins, Emory & Henry College
- Francesca Buchanan, Hope College
- Brandi Dawson, Trine University
- Bryce Frank, Austin College
- Jayla Harris, Virginia Wesleyan University
- Madeline Homoly, Washington University (St. Louis)
- Jacqueline Knapp, Tufts University
- Bridgette Mann, University of Scranton
- Kelsi McNamara – Saint Joseph’s College (Maine)
- Maddie Merritt – Illinois Wesleyan University
- Ashley Oldshue – Emory University
- Lucia Renikoff – University of Saint Thomas
- Alecia Rohrer – Messiah College
- Hannah Spaulding – University of Saint Thomas
- Madison Temple – Thomas More College
MIAA Student-Athletes Selected for WBCA Division III All-Star Game
Hope - Francesca Buchanan - Hope link
Trine - Brandi Dawson - Trine link