The Calvin University men's cross country team finished 14th at the 2019 NCAA Division III Men's Cross Country Championship Nov. 23 at E.P. Tom Sawyer Park Louisville, Ky.
Calvin competitors Jonathan Ellis and Tyler Johnson both were All-America performers at the national championship, finishing in the top 40 for the first time in their careers. Ellis, a junior, placed 18th overall while Johnson, a senior, took 28th overall. Both were significant improvements from last season, when Ellis finished 168th and Johnson placed 185th.
Pomona-Pitzer captured the national title with a team score of 164 points with defending national champion North Central taking second with 182 points.
18. Jonathan Ellis, Calvin (24:49.3)
28. Tyler Johnson, Calvin (24.52.2)
105. Addison Smith, Calvin (25:29.7)
134. Ryan Vreeke, Calvin (25:40.6)
146. Jack Beakas, Trine (25:46.8)
192. Brandan Knepper, Calvin (26:02.9)
203. Caleb Ferguson, Calvin (26:07.7)
206. Justin Varineau, Calvin (26:09.2)
250. Levi Neuzerling, Trine (26:34.2)